Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hockey Night at North Glenmore Park

(Please Note: Pictures from Tuesdays Soccer game will be posted tomorrow)

Well last night I (Andrew) was working a couple of games at North Glenmore Park. I really enjoy this facility because Dana, the manager takes really good care of it. Players do not enjoy the smaller nets or small gym but they do enjoy the level of service that this gym provides. I also found out that various teams hold practices on Saturdays. PRACTICES!!! That's crazy talk! I am really impressed to see that our players have such passion for the game.

The first game featured Dundadaas vs. The Olympic Hopefuls. This was a great game with the teams tied at 3-3 with 5 minutes to go. There is a female player on the Olympic Hopefuls who looks like she is going to eat baby when she attacks the ball. It's awesome!! There was one player Dundadaas who made a high stick and looked over at me like a 5 year old kid trying to get out of trouble. He jokingly walked off the court while his teammates laughed.

The second game featured the Grooveservers vs. The Hockey Club. This game was tough as there was some chippiness on both sides. At one point I had to blow the whistle. But the awesome part was that both captains apologized to one another, kicked out some of the rough players and wanted to play on. We continued to play and it turned out good.

Everyone at the office is a pretty big fan of American Idol. I put my support behind Chris Sligh but I have to change it to Sanjaya. This guy cannot sing, period. But he is so funny and enthusiastic. 2 nights ago he made a girl cry. Seriously, a girl cried over a mediocre singer. Can you imagine this girl 20 years from now. She will be forever known as the "girl who cried over that kid on idol who couldn't sing". Click here to watch the clip. Some people are not impressed that Sanjaya has made it this far. This girl has declared a hunger strike.

I am a big fan of 80's and 90's references. In a sense I consider myself old school. Check out this hilarious clip. This guy is definitely old school.

Phung Out

No comments: